Monday, April 6, 2009

So Embarassed!!!

I joined a gym. Yes I did. I thought that it would be great for me to workout while my rugrats were taking swim lessons. Well I lasted a total of 7 minutes on the elliptical machine. Yep you read that right...SEVEN MINUTES!! I thought that my legs would fall off. I was also very self conscience. I did not know how to use the machines. I even asked dh to show me and he left me high and dry to go to his machine..the one that he likes.

I don't like working out in front of other people! So this was a big deal for me. I have not worked out since then. I might go Wednesday, but for now I am going to stick with the house.

When swimming starts back up next week I will bring a book and ride a bike. I know that I won't make an ass of myself on that. Atleast, I hope not.

2 comments:

Alison said...

I joined a gym quite awhile ago and never ever use it. I really do find it hard to find the time to go. I completely understand your feelings, I never know how to use most of the machines. I know how to use the cardio machines, but have no clue what I'm supposed to do on the weight machines. I know I need to use both, but I always avoid them because that area is full of muscle-y guys and I'm always too embarrassed to go try those machines. So as of right now, I am wasting $90/mo on a family membership because I have not been using it.

I've been losing weight, so I hope that when I lose some more, I'll feel more comfortable in the gym.

Kelly said...

I joined Curves this year. It is so easy, I've had great results, and I'm still going (I ALWAYS quit). Good Luck.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online